Okay, so my friend Mr Homard didn’t make it to dinner, as I got busy, instead I made him into an open face sandwich.
This is not your typical New England Style sandwich on hot dog buns, which was born from the fact that (A) I can’t stand Hot Dog Buns and (B) I had the Italian Bread on hand.
To say that this is an easy dish is a bit of an understatement, point of fact, there is almost zero clean up and you really aren’t doing a whole lot of technical cooking.
But hey, who cares cause sometimes the simplest things bring the greatest pleasure and this Sandy is sure to please.
- Lobster ($20)
- 3 T Butter ($0.15)
- Chives ($0.10)
- 1/8 t of smoked paprika
- Tarragon , a few leaves minced finely ($0.15)
- 2 pieces Italian Bread
- Check your emotions at the door.
- Take one live lobster and submerge it in 12 qt pot of boiling water lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool to room temp.
- Melt butter and cool. Mix in minced chives and paprika.
- Once the lobster has cooled, use a cleaver to crack the shell and remove all of the meat from the tail and the claws.
- Mix the meat with your warm butter and herbs and place on top of your toasted bread.
- Serve and enjoy
Cost: Approximately $21 for two people
- Prep: about 2 Min
- Cook: 10 Min + Resting 30 Min
- Finish: 1Min
- Total Time: Approximately 15 Min without including resting time.
Don’t whine about the ethics of cooking a living creature, you are on the top of the food chain. Enjoy it.
Now go buy yourself a lobster and make yourself a sandwich, your stomach will thank you.